- 200g macaroni pasta
- 1 can drained butter beans
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup soy yoghurt
- 1 tbsp vegan spread or butter
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 70g Honestly Tasty Insteaddah Cheddah (more for topping!)
- 1/3 cup of oat milk
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- Large handful of mushrooms
- 1 small finely chopped red onion
- Olive oil
- Chorizo alternative – optional
Preheat the oven to 175°C.
Make the cheesy sauce by blending together the butter beans, sea salt, nutritional yeast, soy yoghurt, vegan spread, mustard, Insteaddah Cheddah and oat milk in a high-powered food processor until smooth.
In a large frying pan, add a generous glug of olive oil and once hot, add in the garlic and red onion and stir. Cook until browned and add mushrooms and chorizo (if using). Keep stirring.
Whilst this is cooking, cook your macaroni in a pan of boiling water as per the packet instructions.Once your mushroom and chorizo mixture is cooked, it’s time to assemble your mac & cheese! Simply mix together the veggies with the macaroni and sauce until well combined and pour into a greased baking tray. Add some extra Insteaddah Cheddah and nutritional yeast on top.