- 4 medium baking potatoes
- Olive oil
- Vegan butter
- Approx. 25g butter
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 pack of This UK vegan lardons
- 2 tbsp vegan cream (we used Oatly)
- 200g cheese - we used Herbi but any of our cheeses should work well too!
- Heat oven to 200c. Place the potatoes on a baking tray, prick all over with a fork, cover with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake your potatoes in the oven for about 1 hr 15 mins, until their skins are crisp and the inside is soft when pricked with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion and gently cook until soft and brown. Add the lardons and fry until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Once cooked, halve each potato lengthways (be careful as they’ll be hot!), then scoop out the middle of each potato into a bowl, leaving just a thin layer of potato in each skin. Crush the potato with the cream, season before folding in the onion, bacon, cheese and ¾ of the chopped parsley. Spoon this back into the potato shells and place back in the oven for 10-15 mins, or until crisp on top. Add a little extra parsley and cheese if preferred.