- 1/2 green chilli (adjust to suit spice preference) roughly diced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 35g Insteaddah Cheddah
- 1 tsp vegetable oil + more for cooking
- 1 large slice of sourdough
- 1 small chunk of Shamembert (optional but highly recommend!)
- Chopped spring onions, coriander & a couple of sun-dried tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Once hot, place the sourdough on a baking tray and cover in a generous drizzle of olive or vegetable oil on both sides. Place under the grill for a couple of minutes on both sides to gently toast the bread (this will be cooked again so don’t worry about getting it really brown).
Meanwhile, mix the minced garlic, chopped chilli, tsp of vegetable oil and Insteaddah Cheddar in a small bowl until you have a thick paste. Add this to one side of the bread once it’s toasted, covering the bread generously. Add a little sham to the top and place back under the grill for about 5 minutes, or until the cheddah has browned slightly and the sham is all gooey.
Serve with a few chopped sun-dried tomatoes and some finely chopped herbs or spring onions.