Here are five ways that you can use our Shamembert in the exact same way that you'd use a dairy camembert. Competing on taste and texture... curious to give it a try? Camembert is a delicious and creamy cheese known for it's rich flavour and soft interior (beyond the rind).
1. Baked Camembert: Baking Camembert brings out its creamy and gooey texture, making it perfect for dipping or spreading. Follow these steps for a simple baked shamembert:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove any packaging from the Camembert and place it in a small ovenproof dish or a 'Camembert baker'.
- Optionally, you can score the top of the cheese with a knife and add some herbs, such as thyme or rosemary, for extra flavour. A little drizzle of vegan honey or something sweet works too.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and melted in the centre.
- Serve it with crusty bread, crackers, or try sliced apples for dipping.
2. Camembert and Fig Jam Crostini: This elegant appetizer combines the creaminess of Camembert with the sweetness of fig jam on toasted crostini.
- Slice a baguette into thin rounds and toast them until crispy.
- Spread a layer of fig jam on each crostini.
- Cut the Camembert into thin wedges and place one on top of each crostini.
- Optional: Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts or a drizzle of honey for extra flavour. If you have the extra time, crush up the nuts and toast for a few mins in something like maple syrup. Candied nuts are an extra treat.
- Serve these delightful crostini as an appetizer or as part of a cheese platter.
3. Camembert Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts: This salad combines the creaminess of Camembert with the tanginess of dried cranberries and the crunch of walnuts.
- Start with a bed of mixed greens or arugula.
- Cut the Camembert into small wedges or chunks and add them to the salad.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries and toasted walnuts over the top.
- Dress the salad with a light vinaigrette, such as a balsamic or raspberry vinaigrette.
- Toss the salad gently to combine all the flavours, and serve as a delightful starter or side dish.
4. Camembert Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Elevate your classic grilled cheese sandwich by using slices of Camembert for a melty and indulgent twist.
- Spread softened butter on the outer sides of two slices of bread.
- Layer thin slices of Camembert between the bread slices.
- Optionally, you can add sliced tomatoes, caramelised onions, or arugula for extra flavour and texture.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and cook the sandwich on each side until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy the gooey and cheesy delight.
5. Camembert and Fruit Pairings: Camembert pairs wonderfully with various fruits, creating a delightful combination of flavours.
- Serve slices of Camembert alongside fresh fruits like sliced apples, pears, or grapes.
- For a sweeter twist, pair Camembert with dried fruits such as figs or apricots.
- Drizzle some vegan honey or balsamic reduction over the cheese and fruits for added sweetness.
- Enjoy this combination as a light dessert or part of a cheese board.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but feel free to experiment with your own creative uses for our vegan camembert. Whether baked, melted, or served alongside other ingredients, it adds a touch of indulgence to any dish. Enjoy exploring the delicious possibilities!