- 40g walnuts
- 1 tsp no truffle truffle oil
- 200g dried Pappardelle (we actually used paccheri here - either will work!)
- 80ml dairy free cream – we used oatly’s single cream
- 80g Honestly Tasty Vegan Blue Cheese
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (or rapeseed/olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Juice & zest of ½ a lemon
- Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Once at temperature, add the walnuts to a baking tray and place in the middle of the oven for 3-5 minutes, until nicely toasted. Toss in 1 tsp of no truffle truffle oil and set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add your pappardelle. Cook as per packet instructions
- Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp of vegan butter to a large frying pan and place on a medium heat. Once the butter has melted and is nice and hot, add your onion, thinly sliced. Keep stirring for about 8 minutes, until your onions have gone nice and brown and are starting to caramelise a little. Stir in the chopped garlic.
- Next, add the cream and ¼ cup (50ml) of your pasta water and stir well for a few minutes, until this starts to thicken a little.
- Crumble in half your Blue and stir into the sauce. Once cooked, drain the pasta and add to the pan to mix well with your blue cheese sauce. Squeeze in the juice of ½ lemon & it’s zest
- Dish up your pasta into two bowls, crumbling in your truffled walnuts and the rest of your blue cheese & dig in.