● 50g vegan butter,
● 45g plain flour,
● 60ml plant-based milk,
● 1⁄2 tsp ground white pepper,
● 2 tsp dijon mustard,
● 100g Honestly tasty mature ched, grated,
● 100g Honestly tasty smoked cheese,
● 200g macaroni,
● 1 handful of salted crisps,
● 1 slice of bread,
● 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika,
● Salt and pepper
● Preheat the oven to 180°c
● Heat a pan to a medium heat and add the vegan butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour
and stir until a thick paste is formed. Slowly add the plant-based milk, bit by bit, and
continuously whisk to make sure lumps don’t form. Once smooth add the pepper and dijon
mustard and stir until combined. Add the cheese to the pan and stir until melted. Season
to taste and set aside.
● Cook the macaroni in a pan of salted boiling water, as per the packet instructions.
● Whilst the pasta is cooking, in a blender add the bread, crisps, paprika and a drizzle of olive
oil. Blend until crumbs are formed.
● Once the macaroni is cooked, pour it into the cheese sauce and stir well. Pour into a baking
tray, top with the crumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
● Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
● Substitute the smoky cheese for the Honestly Tasty blue and add some herbs to the crumb
instead of paprika for a different twist on a classic mac.
● Add some dried chilli for a bit of spice