Adapted from Jamie Oliver's recipe.
- 1 large leek
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 400 g purple sprouting or tenderstem broccoli
- 40 g vegan butter
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme , (15g)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 litre oat milk
- 450 g dried macaroni
- 40g cashews blended with 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast and a pinch of salt
- 125g - 200g Ched Spread
- 100 g baby spinach
- 50 g flaked almonds
- Chop your veg finely and put your broccoli florets to one side.
- Add to a pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes with lots of butter and garlic.
- Sieve in your flour and then slowly add your milk, stirring continuously. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Cook your pasta in salted water whilst you add spinach and sauce to a blender. Then add cashew parmesan, ched spread, salt and pepper and blend.
- Stir together the sauce, broccoli and pasta and add to a large baking tray with some extra ched spread and flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180c until golden brown and dig in.