For the salad:
2 large red peppers, sliced into strips
1 large courgette, sliced in rounds
1 large red onion, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Leafy salad greens (rocket, spinach etc)
100g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
40-50g Olives (any will do!)
10g Freshly chopped basil
For the dressing:
1 pot Honestly Tasty Garlic & Herb cheese
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tbsp ACV (this adds a tanginess. You could omit and use a little extra water instead)
½ cup of water to loosen
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt and black pepper. You could add dried herbs, like oregano, too.
3. Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet (you might need two) and roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes - until tender and slightly caramelised. Remove from the oven to cool slightly
Make the dressing
Whilst the veg is roasting, in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix until well blended. You might need to smush the cheese with a fork, and whisk (or blend using a small nutribullet) the dressing to achieve a smooth consistency.
Prepare your grains
Follow pack instructions to prepare any grain that you want to add into the salad.
Assemble the salad
1. Place the mixed greens on a serving platter
2. Toss the grains and together
3. Arrange the roasted vegetables, alongside with your cherry tomatoes and sliced olives over the greens
4. Drizzle over the Garlic & Herb dressing and sprinkle the chopped fresh basil on top
Add your favourite carbs/grains… turn this into a pasta salad, serve with mashed spuds or giant couscous and consider adding extra protein too (a couple of vegan sausages would do the trick!).