The holiday season is a time for indulgence and celebration, and what better way to delight your taste buds than with a festive vegan cheese platter? Whether you've got loved ones coming over, or you're ready to love yourself -elevate your plant-based entertaining with a selection of delectable vegan cheeses, including Shamembert (vegan camembert), Bree (vegan brie), Blue, and Garlic & Herb (vegan gournay style cheese). Accompanied by seasonal fruits, tangy cranberries, and crunchy nuts, these vegan cheeses will take centre stage at any festive gatherings. Let's explore the art of creating a memorable vegan cheese platter that's both flavourful and visually stunning.
- Shamembert (Vegan Camembert): Shamembert, our vegan version of camembert, is a creamy and rich cheese that pairs beautifully with a variety of festive ingredients. Consider these pairings:
- Fresh cranberries or cranberry sauce: The tartness of cranberries complements the creamy texture of Shamembert, creating a delightful contrast.
- Toasted walnuts or pecans: The earthy flavours and crunch of nuts add depth to the creamy Shamembert.
- Sliced apples or pears: The crisp sweetness of seasonal fruits balances the creamy and tangy notes of the Shamembert.
- Bree (Vegan Brie): Bree, the vegan take on brie cheese, offers a buttery, earthy flavour profile. Combine it with these festive accompaniments:
- Fig jam or fresh figs: The natural sweetness of figs pairs exquisitely with the smooth and creamy Bree, creating a luxurious combination.
- Toasted almonds or pistachios: The nuttiness and crunch of toasted nuts complement the creamy texture of Bree, adding an enjoyable textural contrast.
- Slices of crusty baguette or artisan crackers: The simplicity of bread or crackers allows the nuanced flavours of Bree to shine.
- Blue (Vegan Blue Cheese): The bold and tangy flavours of vegan Blue cheese provide an exquisite addition to your festive cheese platter. Try these pairings:
- Dried cranberries or pomegranate arils: The sweet-tartness of cranberries or pomegranate seeds beautifully balances the tangy and intense flavours of the Blue cheese.
- Candied walnuts or pecans: The sweet crunch of candied nuts adds a delightful contrast to the sharpness of the Blue cheese.
- Slices of fresh pear or apple: The crispness of these fruits adds freshness and a touch of sweetness that complements the robust flavour of the Blue cheese.
- Garlic & Herb: this plant-based cheese offers a creamy and savoury experience. Enhance its flavours with these complementary ingredients:
- Roasted garlic cloves: Roasted garlic adds a mellow and caramelised flavour that complements the herby notes of the Garlic & Herb.
- Fresh cherry tomatoes: The burst of sweetness and acidity from cherry tomatoes provides a refreshing balance to the rich and savoury cheese.
- Fresh basil or rosemary sprigs: The aromatic herbs add a fragrant element and visual appeal to the cheese platter.
- Arrange the vegan cheeses on a beautiful serving board or platter, allowing each cheese to have its dedicated space.
- Add small bowls or ramekins for cranberry sauce, fig jam, or other accompaniments.
- Incorporate fresh herbs, such as sprigs of rosemary or thyme, for a festive but edible touch.
- Provide a variety of bread slices, artisan crackers, or gluten-free options to cater to different dietary preferences.
- Olives, in our opinion, are never a bad idea.
Creating a festive vegan cheese platter should be fun, and this guide should help you explore different complementary ingredients that pair well with each cheese. Experiment with different pairings, combining the creaminess of the cheeses with the tanginess of cranberries, the crunch of nuts, and the sweetness of seasonal fruits. Elevate your holiday gatherings with a plant-based cheese platter that showcases the beauty of vegan cheeses and delights the palates of all your guests! Enjoy the festive season with a delicious and planet-friendly cheese experience!